Since 2013 there have been 4 research grants awarded through funds raised by the NET Patient Foundation and UKINETs. The objective of these grants is to offer support for NET research groups to obtain pilot data leading to larger comprehensive studies. To date, all recipients have achieved this objective.
For each grant call there has been an enthusiastic response from NET research groups throughout the UK. The quality of the applications to date has been extremely high, and following external peer review, four applications have been funded. The projects funded to date are summarized below and have furthered our knowledge of NET epidemiology, early diagnosis and biology.
The TransNETS committee was replaced by the UKINETs Research Committee in early 2016, this committee will now oversee the application process and award of the new NET Patient Foundation grants. Applications for the 2016 grant are now open. Please see below for details.
We would like to thank the NET Patient Foundation and its supporters for a fantastic achievement in raising research funds and hope that we can continue to work together to raise the profile of NETs and build on success of the past five years.
Dr Chrissie Thirlwell, Chair – UKINETS Research Committee.
An update on the research we supported with our 2016 grant will be available following the UKINETs meeting at the beginning of December 2017.
2017 NET Patient Foundation Research Grants
There will be no grant call out for 2017 due to other research committments. Please check back for 2018.
- Application forms should be completed according to the template below and submitted to Molly Ross at the UKI NETS Office ([email protected]) by 30th September 2016
- Grants will be assessed by a committee comprising members of the UKINETs Research Committee, UKINETS, the NET Patient Foundation and at least one external referee
- The successful project will be listed on the UKINETS and NET Patient Foundation website
- A report will be required on the anniversary of the award and presentation of a research update will be requested at the annual UKINETs meeting
Instructions for completion
- The application should be completed using the template below and be no more than four sides of A4 (Arial 11pt)
- Background should be no more than 500 words and provide preliminary data and justification for the proposed work
- Proposal should be no more than 750 words and provide details of what work will be undertaken and how the work will be taken forward in the future
- Costing should include a clear justification for use of the funds and describe existing support for the project