What a relief

Home Forums Chat What a relief

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lanemole 22 hours, 11 minutes ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

lanemole
    Participant

I’ve found the reason for feeling so rough after PRRT treatment in August. My gut hormone test showed chromogranin A was 4645, it fluctuated between 200 and 600 before treatment. My consultant is almost certain it’s because the lesions are disintegrating and releasing all the hormones and it takes time for them to leave the body. (There’s also a slim chance that my hormones have increased and it’s not the PRTT) I was convinced it hadn’t worked because I felt so bad and I was told I should feel better after a few days.
    So now I have to have the second treatment. I’m concerned about feeling so ill again but I can put up with it now I know it’s working. I’m trying desperately to eat and put some weight back on – I’ve lost 2 stone. I can’t afford to lose any more. Hopefully it won’t be so bad this time around.
    Elaine

Catherine McArdle
    Participant

That must be a massive relief for you. Not understanding what is happening is stressful to say the least. All I can say is that I was happy with a count of 1,100 – it was over 10,000’when I was first diagnosed.
    You can now go onwards and upwards to the next treatment.
    Catherine

lanemole
    Participant

Wow Catherine that is high, were your symptoms really bad at the time. I’m still flushing a lot and it makes me sick sometimes. I have to have another gut hormone test to see what my levels are now. Hopefully they’re going down. This is a strange disease we have. I hope you’re not to bad now.
    Elaine

Catherine McArdle
    Participant

I had abdominal cramps but not that bad – my diagnosis came as a complete shock. It then got worse with each test I had. I am now at three monthly intervals between check ups. Next lot of tests next year. I am still learning lots about the disease.
    Catherine

lanemole
    Participant

Are you having octreotide injections Catherine to help control the levels. I started having them every 4 weeks, now it’s down to 2 1/2 weeks. It helps control the symptoms and has kept my levels down. The metateses were still growing, more visible so I’ve started PRRT. I learn new things from my consultant and on here all the time.
    Good luck with the next tests.
    Elaine

Catherine McArdle
    Participant

I have lanreotide every 4 weeks. I was told that I was “stable” when I had my tests back in August. I am still finding it hard not to worry each time I get a niggling pain.

lanemole
    Participant

I know what you mean. I worry about the pain. I have spoken to my consultant about it, as it’s not in my bones he wasn’t worried. I still can’t be blasé about it as it’s in the same area as my surgery. I’m anxious every time I go for scans, tests and results. I don’t think that will ever go away.
    I hope things remain stable or start to improve for you.

Catherine McArdle
    Participant

Am still “new” to the whole process. I do have in my bones as well so am not sure what is to be treated as an issue and what is not. Lots to talk about at my next consultation ….

lanemole
    Participant

I always write a list of questions to ask, otherwise I forget things. I hope you hear some positive news at your next consultation. My next appointment is in February, hopefully I’ll hear the PRRT is working miracles.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join our NET Community

Sign-up for our email newsletter. Simply register with us to receive regular updates.

Register now