Fundraising – events and outcomes

Home Forums News Fundraising – events and outcomes

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lanemole 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Nikie Jervis
    Keymaster

Dear All
    Please don’t forget to let us know of any events, tasks, occasions you are involved in to help raise money for NETs – email the office : [email protected] – and post any countdowns, stories and results/outcomes here to let everyone know how you are getting on – and how you did
    With your permission we will include all in our fundraising update
    Nikie

dorro
    Participant

Why don’t we commence another campaign to the Government by again contacting our MPs & MEPs to have Y90 & P177 placed back on the NHS to help patients who are suffering on this forum. They need to know the examples of what you have to go through on a daily basis and nothing is being done in the near future to give patients and their families hope. It really makes me angry and frustrated that this can go on in todays modern times and people have to suffer. We should try again and show them what I have stated above. We should do it in numbers. I am sure the office can create a template for it to be easier for you? There arte treatments being worked on as we speak and great efforts are being made to find some positive outcomes against this nasty, complicated and difficult tumour. It is just an idea but I hate the thought of people suffering daily. Lets get our voices heard in the right places to the right people. Thank You. Andy

lanemole
    Participant

What is Y90 and P177? I keep coming across news terms for his disease all the time. I’m having a hard enough time managing – as a grandparent. I really can’t do all the things I’d love to, with my gorgeous eyes little grandson. I just imagine how hard it is if you’re trying to look after a young family. They need all the help they can get. I’d happily contact MP/MEP’s if someone drafts a letter. Elaine

Nikie Jervis
    Keymaster

Hi Lanemole

Y90 is yttrium and P177 is Lutetium – both products are used in Nuclear Medicine treatments. PRRT is the common abbreviation used for the type of Nuclear Medicine therapy. ( A lot of people use the term PRRT when they talk about Lutetium, however Lutetium is only one kind of product used in this type of treatment – some centres used Yttrium – and for some kinds of NET MiBG may be given ) Clear as mud eh ??

Nikie

lanemole
    Participant

Thanks Nikie. I’m having PRRT ON 15 August. I’ve just had the paperwork through today. It will be yttrium. I hadn’t heard of it before. I’m a bit nervous about it but I’m hoping it will make life easier. Until recently I’d walk all the time now I’m too tired, my legs are frequently shaky and the exercise make me flush. I keep thinking I need to get fitter but every time I do something, I need to sit down.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sign-up for our email newsletter. Simply give us your email address in the box below to sign-up.